Brener Investigations Group conducts thorough and skilled business investigations to provide our clients secure intelligence needed in making fair and competent decisions in the business sector.
Our private investigators conduct business investigations and asset investigations
to help organizations with their critical fact-finding, when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing (employee theft, non-compete, conflict of interest)
. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders. It can damage their reputation, disrupt their business operations and expose them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil, and regulatory liability.
Brener Investigations Group services have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption. The secret to our success is a multi-step approach, utilizing asset investigations, background investigations
What Are Business Investigations?
Business investigations involve the process of gathering information about a company or organization in order to assess its financial health, reputation, or compliance with laws and regulations. These investigations can be conducted for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Due Diligence: Before making a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, a company may conduct an investigation to assess the financial health and reputation of the other company.
- Fraud Detection: If a company suspects that one of its employees or vendors is committing fraud, it may conduct an investigation to gather evidence.
- Compliance: A company may conduct an investigation to ensure that it is in compliance with laws and regulations, such as labor laws and environmental regulations.
- Litigation: If a company is involved in a legal dispute, it may conduct an investigation to gather evidence to support its case.
- Competitive Intelligence: A company may conduct an investigation to gather information about its competitors, such as their products, pricing, and marketing strategies.
Business investigations can involve a wide range of techniques, such as reviewing public records, interviewing employees and customers, analyzing financial data, and conducting surveillance. The duration and scope of a business investigation will depend on the specific goals and objectives of the investigation, as well as the complexity of the company or organization being investigated. It is important to work with a professional who have the experience and resources to conduct an effective and efficient investigation.
DISCREET & CONFIDENTIAL
A conflict of interest occurs when an employee or agent—someone who is authorized to act on behalf of a principal—has an undisclosed personal or economic interest in a matter that could influence his professional role.
A non-compete clause, is a clause under which one party agrees not to enter into or start a similar profession or trade in competition against another party
Our private investigators and certified fraud examiners conduct business investigations concerning employee theft or employee misconduct to help organizations with their critical fact-finding when conducting internal investigations to examine these allegations of wrongdoing.
Whether you are emerging into a new market or interested in your competition, your company’s success often depends on its ability to stay ahead. We conduct our thorough business investigations skillfully and provide factual information that will help in understanding your competition and give you the advantage.